Bakersfield city is in California on the River Kern. It is a fascinating city and is home to a large variety of flora and fauna. There are palaeontology and geology museums and reptile houses in the city which attract tourists from all over the world.
Places to visit-
- Kern County Museum- This museum displays quite a large number of works of the local history of the city.
- California Living Museum- It has a reptile house and a touch tank along with a large variety of flora and fauna.
- The Park at Riverwalk- It is a unique park with an amphitheater in it making it a lively park.
- Mill Creek Park- It is a waterside park with a beautiful view.
- Yokuts Park- It has lots of greenery and a very healthy environment for the kids to play.
- McMurtrey Aquatic Center- It is a bustling public pool with an instructor.
- Jastro Park- A tennis court and park for children.
- Beach Park- It is a beach for sports and picnics on weekends.
- Riverlakes Ranch Park- It has a gym and a community center for the locals and the tourists.
- Metro Galleries- It displays the art works of contemporary artists of the Western Coastal areas.
- Weedpatch Camp
- Golden West Casino
Places to stay-
- The Padre Hotel- It is a 4-star hotel offering Old-West Style rooms and a restaurant and bar along with a nightclub.
- Rodeway Inn and Suites- It is a 2-star budget hotel offering free continental breakfast and an outdoor pool.
- Best Western Plus Hill Hotel- It is a well maintained hotel offering free breakfast and Wi-Fi facilities and they also have a fancy Mexican restaurant for the guests.